

Above is the movie poster of Ang Lee’s new movie, BrokeBack Mountain.
The film won the Golden Lion Award in Venice Film Festival, September this year.
It is said that, the claimed-to-be a cow-boy themed homosexual movie, it’s going to be another Ang Lee’s masterpiece.
The second picture features the 2 main characters in the film; Jake Gyllenhaal on the right, and Heath Ledger on the left.
FYI, Jake Gyllenhaal was the young man, Sam, son of the climatologist in the film The Day after tomorrow (2004) whereas Heath Ledger starred as Gabriel Martin in the film The Patriot (2000), as Mel Gibson’s son.
The first Ang Lee’s movie I watched was Pushing Hands - aka Tui Shou (1992). Later I watched Eat Drink Man Woman – aka Yin Shi Nan Nu (1994). Both are sensible and aesthetic, the Ang Lee’s way; so much emotion are concentrated at one point, but they aren’t said. You will feel the impact are gathered in you while you're watching them. I watched Wedding Banquet - aka Hsi Yen (1993) much later, very well done too – gay is not the main issue, is about love, values and acceptance. And of course the well renowned Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) has even made Ang Lee’s as one of greatest contemporary film directors today.
I truly look forward for the new film. Hopefully it will be screened in KL. Or out of no choice the pirated option will be the only alternative.
Materials adapted from Internet Movie Database.
5 comments:
OMG...this is the film I WILL watch!
Brian told me bout this film and we're going to watch it together. Yeah!
Honey have you heard bout the musical Rent? It's like Moulin Rouge! It's coming out next month in US and I hope it's going to be screened in KL. It's a MUST SEE show, according to Brian!
Have fun!
Oh...another film...Narnia! I can't waaaaiiiiiiiiiit!
Hm.. we miss alot of good movies in Malaysia.. I dun think Brokeback Mountain will be showing here. Nevermind, I know where's the source to get it.. hehe.. Small tips for u guys.. in LowYat, a rainbow sign..
Oh yeah Narnia is gonna be screened in KL. Quite a couple of ad boards have been put up. Will check out Musical Rent. Show time!!
Yeah...I listened to the soundtrack of Rent last night in Brian's car and apparently it was pretty good! Very musical, very rock!
Rent is a BIG thing here. It was a broadway show before that...and now they turned it into a movie, with the same characters from the broadway show.
It about GLBT! You guys gotta watch it!
Post a Comment