There’s a small little altar located at the empty land near to my work place whereby it serves the Chinese goddess, “The Senior Datuk” (Na Tok Gong in Cantonese). Everyday I bypass it when I am walking from my work studio to the showroom at the plaza. Couple of days ago, I noticed an opened-up packet of Nasi Lemak was placed at the altar. In my heart I said to myself, what a thoughtful person, that must be one of the Na Tok Gong’s favourite. The second day, as usual, I walked past the altar, to my surprise, it seemed that the lemak was partly consumed. Errr…he…interesting. Nevertheless, I didn’t mingle long. And, the 2 days later, the lemak was still there, and – it was even lesser. But this time, the nasi lemak was a bit far out from where it was originally placed…I guess it must be some dogs or cats’ doing…but the best part was, the nasi lemak wasn’t scattered around; it was still in good shape but just smaller portion compared to the previous days. No eerie feelings…but probably, ‘the highness’ had already had enough. Well, the next day, the nasi lemak was gone-- but replaced with a fresh packet of rice with chicken curry. I wondered who could be doing it, at hartamas, another rich end of the modernized suburb.
Bizarre.
3 comments:
Maybe a very well mannered and clean dog or cat ate it...
Maybe Na Tok Gong likes over night food...
Maybe you should get him a hamburger or pizza for a change.
I MISS NASI LEMAK!!!
i just watched 'the maid' last last. a horror movie regarding '7th month' made by singapore. not bad.. at least it shocked me many times..
Send to me!!!
Post a Comment